On (2011-02-07 20:00 +0100), Peter Rathlev wrote: > One might wish for selective TTL propagation, maybe using an access list > of some kind. But since it has to be symmetric (AFAICT) it might not be > easy at all. (I'm aware of the "local" exception when disable TTL
I've wanted the same for years. I don't see any technical problems in it, just every hop in the MPLS network would need to have same ACL, which determines to whom TTL is propagated. On related note even before PFC3C was available I had TAC case open of missing egress PE on traceroute. The problem is still there today, even with PFC3C when disabling TTL propagation and using EXP null. I recently reopened the case and DDTS CSCtn00835 is tracking the issue (i.e. it will be fixed for EARL7.5, not sure yet in which releases). > One of our last-mile providers recently disabled TTL propagation, and > that has somewhat limited us when trouble shooting, so I do understand > you point. You could tell your core to pop when there is only 1 label, which should in relatively typical scenarios translate to INET connections getting working traceroute with interim latency visible and VPN/eVPN wouldn't. -- ++ytti _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
