Hi,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Mark Tinka wrote:

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 04:13:21 PM Christian
Kratzer wrote:

show versions shows this beast has 4GB memory of which
the IOS process seems to use 1G

I think it was Robert who reported something about this a
couple of weeks back. We've seen similar behaviour in IOS XR
systems.

We haven't deployed the ASR1001's yet, but are you running
the IOS software redundancy feature? If so, see if disabling
it helps. We don't run this feature on the single-RP systems
we run (ASR1002's), as it just eats up too much memory and
isn't worth the resulting pain.

I have not had a lot of luck reading the documentation to find out
how to check if I am running with dual IOS processes. I assume not
from what I see currently.

How would I go about giving the IOS process more memory and how
would I know how much the other processes need.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   [email protected]                  Wildberger Weg 24/2
Phone:   +49 7032 893 997 - 0          D-71126 Gaeufelden
Fax:     +49 7032 893 997 - 9          HRB 245288, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Web:     http://www.cksoft.de/         Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Kratzer
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to