Hi,

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011, Mark Tinka wrote:

On Wednesday, September 21, 2011 04:13:21 PM Christian
Kratzer wrote:

show versions shows this beast has 4GB memory of which
the IOS process seems to use 1G

I think it was Robert who reported something about this a
couple of weeks back. We've seen similar behaviour in IOS XR
systems.

Thanks for the pointer.  I found this posting from Robert:

   https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2011-August/080691.html

| Also on the other hand what is not so nice about ASR1K used as control
| plane box is that only half of RP memory will be given to IOS while
| the other half will be reserved for system/platform use. This is just
| #define currently and is the same regardless of IOS routing
| protocols/bgp being 64 bit based for some time.

so we might not get too lucky with having even two full feeds on a pair of 
ASR1001.

I will definetely want to do more research on this and open a case with our 
cisco contacts. We do not have redundant IOS processes as I was able to verify 
now and the box has 4 GB of ram so I would expect to see 2 GB for IOS on 
accounts of above posting but we are only seeing 1 GB usable ram.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   [email protected]                  Wildberger Weg 24/2
Phone:   +49 7032 893 997 - 0          D-71126 Gaeufelden
Fax:     +49 7032 893 997 - 9          HRB 245288, Amtsgericht Stuttgart
Web:     http://www.cksoft.de/         Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Kratzer
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to