On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Eric A Louie wrote:

I've run out of port capacity on my 7206VXR and need to go to "the next router"
or put in another 7206VXR side-by-side.

Any recommendations on what to use if I were to replace my existing 7206VXR with
another chassis?  (it's limited to 5 GB interfaces, and we need 7 or 8)

You've got to say more about what the router is doing and what you need from it. If it's routing for 8 1gb ethernets and doing full BGP routes, and nothing special, then a 6500 is an attractive option bang for your buck-wise. They're made for ethernet and comparitively cheap to keep adding ports to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
 Senior Network Engineer     |  therefore you are
 Atlantic Net                |
_________ http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key_________
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to