Hi,

I would like to be able to accept both tagged and untagged frames on my 3560g. For the untagged frames, I'd like to be able to say these are a member of some vlan - say 100 - otherwise I want to be able to allow tagged frames from some list.

In testing, it doesn't appear that "switchport trunk native vlan xxxx" is doing the job; anything I send untagged is dropped and doesn't show up in the switch mac address tables. Here is my config:

interface GigabitEthernet0/45
 description testing cisco vlans
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk native vlan 6
 switchport trunk allowed vlan 306
 switchport mode trunk


It it helps. I do also have dot1q native vlan tagging enabled. I just can't see inside of the switch and understand where my frames are going. If I put it into switchport mode access, and switchport access vlan 6, it all works fine and I see mac addresses in the table.

        Any help would be appreciated.

Mike-
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to