So the functions the router aren't changing, but the bandwidth is going to go up? What is the current BW going through it now? From what I've heard about the ISR G2, the CPU doesn't go up linearly with the BW being pushed through it.
Chuck -----Original Message----- From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Scott Voll Sent: Friday, May 24, 2013 10:53 AM To: [email protected]; [email protected] Subject: [c-nsp] router selection...... Sorry for the cross post. But I wasn't sure which was the better forum to post in. I currently have a 2951 running voice, Security, VPN, and Data. it works really great for our current needs. BUT we are going to start pushing more that 300mbps and this router is only rated for 296mbps per the spec sheet. What is the next move up to support up to gig throughput and still support ZBFW, GRE, IPSEC, PRI's for Voice, and QoS at Gig speeds? Do I have to separate out my WAN (use an ASR) and then continue with the 2951 for my security / voice? What are my options? Thanks Scott _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
