On Sun, 21 Jul 2013, Jon Lewis wrote:

 "This solution connects Cisco Catalyst 6800ia access switches to Cisco
 Catalyst 6500 or 6800 Series core switches. The entire configuration works
 as a single extended switch with a single management domain."

That must be pissing off the Nexus unit.

I thought the same thing when Cisco rolled out the 6800s about a month ago. I saw a lot of features that looked like they were put in specifically to poach prospective Nexus customers.

From what I've seen/heard/read, Cisco's corporate structure is more like a
loose collection of business units rather than a single corporate entity. The BUs have their own internal structure, budget, product development teams, etc. Product lines from one business unit sometimes complete with very similar product lines fromanother business unit.

There are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches...

jms
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to