I've had the (mis)fortune to be stuck with needing to do the same thing in a pinch and have actually used all three of the following SC-LC converters from Amazon:
SC-LC single mode but big ugly adapter that blocks the adjacent slots: http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-Cable-Singlemode-Adapter-Converter/dp/B0069 VWOX0 OM4 SC-LC dongle: http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-Cable-Multimode-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00FQD MMLQ OM1 SC-LC dongle: http://www.amazon.com/Diablo-Cable-Multimode-Adapter-Converter/dp/B00B1O K51S None of my runs were anywhere near the length limit and were point to point so I did not run into loss issues. David -----Original Message----- From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jeff Kell Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 6:12 PM To: Kenny Kant; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] SC to LC converter Cheapest alternative is get an SC-to-SC coupler and an SC-to-LC jumper and cross your fingers on the added loss. Otherwise you're looking at re-termination and tolerating a Unicam quick fix or a pigtail requiring a splice. Jeff On 10/14/2013 3:37 PM, Kenny Kant wrote: > I have an older multi-mode fiber connection coming into our 7206VXR / > NPE-G1 with a SC end. We are moving this fiber to a new router which > requires a LC/SFP. Due to some other challenges I cannot have this cable > re-run. Can I get some recommendations for SC to LC conversion? Any web > links to what you have used in the past one be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > > Kenny > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ > _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
