> Just run MPLS across the ring. That's what these boxes are
> built for :-).

The primary reason it's L2 was because we had a slow migration from ME3400s/MRV 
OS912s to ME3600s.  There were connection points in the ring that required L2 
because of intra-ring L2 services we were providing to customers.  Secondly, 
the 50ms-failover times of G.8032 ERPS was a big decision point.  That said, 
I've recently become aware of LFA and plan to test that in the lab.  Finally, 
the L2 topology *seemed* to work fine until just yesterday when discovering 
it's really the SVI/EVC combination that seems to be causing the problem.  I am 
amazed that no one at TAC, not a single one of the half dozen people I've been 
dealing with, even mentioned that the SVI might be the issue because its only a 
fairly "recent" feature addition.  I do read documentation - half my day is 
often spent reading documentation - but even the most studious readers can miss 
a single line or feature addition once in a while.

> Also, since you own the ring (I presume), just run a Jumbo
> frames. Could be a selling point for your customers (and
> gives you better goodput).

The other thing that I just remembered is that we still have a lot of ME3400s 
in the network that don't support >1998B IP MTUs.  While I can certainly boost 
the Junipers and ME3600s to 1998, I don't see how it really gains much.  
Thoughts?

-evt

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to