On Wednesday, January 15, 2014 04:14:39 PM Eric Van Tol 
wrote:

> Not trying to beat a dead horse, but there wasn't any way
> I could do this - they were core nodes in the ring - for
> bi-directional communication across the ring, I needed
> them IP-adjacent to other core ring nodes.  It's a moot
> point now, since all our rings are now either all ME3400
> or all ME3600, with new rings being completely ME3600.

Understood.

> Any caveats I should be
> aware of in a mixed Juniper/Cisco environment?

Nothing major - the only thing I'd say that might sneak up 
on you is to enable Multi-Topology (MT) for IPv6 if IS-IS is 
your IGP.

Juniper enable IPv6 in IS-IS by default, and it's Single 
Topology (ST) by default. If you turn on IS-IS on the 
ME3600X without IPv6 and without MT, your adjacencies will 
fail.

Besides that, you should be fine.

Mark.

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: This is a digitally signed message part.

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to