> > The primary reason it's L2 was because we had a slow
> > migration from ME3400s/MRV OS912s to ME3600s.  There
> > were connection points in the ring that required L2
> > because of intra-ring L2 services we were providing to
> > customers.
> 
> You could put all these inside EoMPLS (or VPLS).

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but there wasn't any way I could do this - 
they were core nodes in the ring - for bi-directional communication across the 
ring, I needed them IP-adjacent to other core ring nodes.  It's a moot point 
now, since all our rings are now either all ME3400 or all ME3600, with new 
rings being completely ME3600.

> Do test rLFA as well.

Next on the list - already converted to routed interfaces in the lab in 
preparation. :-)  Any caveats I should be aware of in a mixed Juniper/Cisco 
environment?

Thanks for the advice, it's been quite helpful.

-evt

_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to