Plug away :) , I'm going to check out your software -----Original Message----- From: cisco-nsp [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of James Bensley Sent: 06 November 2015 20:07 To: Methsri Wickramarathna; [email protected] Subject: Re: [c-nsp] IEEE 802.1P QoS Issue........
On 2 Nov 2015 03:15, "Methsri Wickramarathna" <[email protected]> wrote: > > Hi every one, > > I have purchased a fiber link and local ISP requested us to set Class > of Service ( CoS ) value based on the precentage level Voice , Video , > Business Critical & Best effot. Further they have requested us to > follow the IEEE 802.1p standard. > > I have configured the router interface with following configurations > to set > the CoS value to 5 of the data packets passing through interface. > > But when I analyzed the traffic ( using Wireshark ) from the > destination , I couldn't find relevant fields were confgiured. > Appriciate if some one can > help me to resolve this issue. > > *class-map match-all class-COS* > * match access-group 100* > *!* > *policy-map policy_cos* > * class class-COS* > * set cos 5* > * class class-default* > * set cos 4* > > *interface GigabitEthernet0/2.17* > * encapsulation dot1Q 107* > * service-policy output policy_cos* > *end* > > *Extended IP access list 100* > * 10 permit ip any any (616731 matches)* > _______________________________________________ > cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp > archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ Can you try and set the CoS marking on ingress, not sure this is going to work in egress (please correct me if I am wrong though). Have you tried to splurge some traffic over the link with a laptop at each end using a traffic generator with the CoS bit set? A shameless plug, I have been writing and Ethernet traffic generator which will do this: https://github.com/jwbensley/Etherate Cheers, James. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/ _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
