On 24 January 2017 at 17:54, Lee <[email protected]> wrote: > On 1/24/17, James Bensley <[email protected]> wrote: >> Also a month or two after our bug scrub was completed the new major >> milestone/stable versions of code for the devices we had tested was >> released (our scrub was finished when "X" was the stable recommend >> version) so we said to our AS engineer "now that X+1 is out, and you >> recommended X, do you think we should go for X" and they obviously >> said "yes". > > Interesting.. I'd get an offer for a bug scrub on the new version.
Sorry that was a typo, should have been "X+1": so we said to our AS engineer "now that X+1 is out, and you recommended X, do you think we should go for X+1" and they obviously said "yes". So I'm implying here the bug scrub was a waste of time. >> If you have the resources then I'm not such a fan of this service. > > On the other hand, when Cisco does a bug scrub they see _all_ the > bugs, not just the publicly visible ones. There's been a couple of > times I've gone back & forth with our AS engineer about the details of > some bug that had no public description & a time or two when he > suggested we hold off on an upgrade until after the psirt > announcement. So something that Cisco don't do which is very annoying is show all their bugs and bug stats. I have clicked on a bug countless times that affects us on cisco.com and then I get the page "this is an internal bug, how did you hear about this?" and I have to ask TAC to tell me about the bug. They should also be releasing bug stats: how many people filed bugs for feature X with firmware Y on device Z. What is the bug fix rate for X, Y and X etc. Is the rate of bug reports for new-ish-platform P starting to decresae now? Has the fix rate for old-ish-platform O tailed off now? Cheers, James. _______________________________________________ cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/
