How about Intercom? From what I remember (and read below) it's a feature which 
automatically connects the caller to the recipient in whisper mode so that the 
called party hears everything but can't actually talk back until they initiate 
so. No ringing, auto-answer. I'm not sure if there is a one-to-one or 
one-to-many relationship and how that would work at the end unit. But that 
being said, that would be a problem with any solution. Multiple locations 
sending panic calls to one destination (campus police).


If it were me, I'd investigate intercoms.


http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100011.html

[http://www.cisco.com/web/fw/i/logo-open-graph.gif]<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100011.html>

Features and Services Guide for Cisco Unified 
...<http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0100011.html>
www.cisco.com
Features and Services Guide for Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Release 
10.0(1) -Intercom





---
Lelio Fulgenzi, B.A.
Senior Analyst, Network Infrastructure
Computing and Communications Services (CCS)
University of Guelph

519-824-4120 Ext 56354
[email protected]
www.uoguelph.ca/ccs
Room 037, Animal Science and Nutrition Building
Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1


________________________________
From: cisco-voip <[email protected]> on behalf of Lisa 
Notarianni <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 4:18 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] Panic Button Solution?


Call Manager 10.5.2.12901-1



I have a request from a department here at The University of Scranton to use a 
button on their phone as a panic button that would do the following:

1.       Automatically dial our Police department without a ring tone

2.       Provide one way communication to University Police so they can listen 
to the conversation to get an idea of the issue and then dispatch an officer

It is important to have silence on the phone connection when the button is 
pressed

I looked into PLAR but I don't think it can be configured exactly this way.  We 
have a SingleWire server but it is in the process of being upgraded. So, before 
we install a physical panic button without a voice feature, we wondered if 
there were any other creative solutions.

Thank you in advance -

Lisa Notarianni

[Lisa Notarianni Telecom Engineer]




_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to