Thanks! I wrote that off the top of my head too. I know there's like 50 more things to know, but if you master those basics, you can figure out the rest with very little additional effort.
I've spent a lot of time in the tables on CUCM, a fair but careful amount in CUC <https://twitter.com/avholloway45633/status/781873225097629698>, very little in UCCX (mostly callcontactdetail), and none at all for other products. On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:40 PM Stephen Welsh <[email protected]> wrote: > 👏👏👏 > > Wow, that’s the best advice I’ve every seen on getting to grips with > CUCM’s database. > > Kind Regards > > Stephen Welsh > CTO > UnifiedFX > > Sent from my iPad > > On 31 Aug 2017, at 21:37, Anthony Holloway < > [email protected]> wrote: > > For the record, the API part is not necessary, you can just run your SQL > queries on the CLI. However, using the AXL API method to run the SQL query > for you, allows you to do so programmatically. > > As for the database, here are a few key points: > > > - Anything that registers is a Device and is in the device table. > > - Anything that is a pattern is in the numplan table > > - End Users are in the enduser table, while Application Users are in > the applicationuser table > > - The database is a relational database, meaning that data from one > table will have a relationship to data in another table > > - Some tables are joined by holding a GUID in their PKID column, which > other tables refer to with a column name in their own table, named "fk" + > tablename E.g., device.fkenduser = enduser.pkid > > - Some tables are joined by holding an enum (number) in their enum > column, which other tables refer to with a column name in their own table, > named "tk" + tablename E.g., device.tkmodel = typemodel.enum (slightly > different that fk) > > - Some data objects are mapped together to form a new object in a > third table named: tablename1 + tablename2 + "map" E.g., devicenumplanmap > holds line appearances for phones and DNs > > - To find a list of table names: select tabname from systables order > by tabname > > - To find a list of columns in a table: select colname from syscolumns > where tabid = (select tabid from systables where tabname = 'numplan') order > by colname > > - Sometimes when I don't know what the name of something is in the > database, I just access the resource in the web admin, and then look at > logs > This tip is courtesy of Wes Sisk: > http://cisco-voip.markmail.org/thread/vtoasdkgieadmou3 > > > > - Other times I just look at the HTML on the web page to find out the > name of the field, which is usually the name of the column (99% of the > time) > > > > - <image.png> > > > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:08 PM Ben Amick <[email protected]> wrote: > >> Do you have a quick reference sheet of the field names? I’d like to do >> something similar to this but also including the RNA timer/destination, >> user associations, external number mask, and the recording setting for each >> line. >> >> >> >> Really, I’d like to do a run against all my translations, phones, CTI >> route points, etc to just automagically generate all my documentation, but >> I have not nearly enough knowledge about hot to use the API or the database >> structure in general. You wouldn’t happen to have a crash course on all >> that, would you? >> >> >> >> *From:* cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] *On >> Behalf Of *Brian Meade >> *Sent:* Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:28 PM >> *To:* Tim Reimers <[email protected]> >> *Cc:* cisco-voip <[email protected]> >> *Subject:* Re: [cisco-voip] Automatically exporting just the DN and >> Description fields >> >> >> >> Use the AXL API and the following SQL query to automate this: >> >> >> >> select dnorpattern,description from numplan where tkpatternusage='2' >> >> >> >> You can put "run sql" before the query to run via SSH to CUCM. >> >> >> >> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Tim Reimers <[email protected]> >> wrote: >> >> Hi all- >> >> >> >> In CUCM 9.12 >> >> I'm trying to figure out how to export just a few of the fields from the >> UCM database. >> >> What we're after is simply the DN number, and the contents of the >> Description field associated with that DN >> >> >> >> I've done a Phone export, and the resulting CSV is so huge it's unusable >> in Google Sheets. >> >> I know I can set up an Export as a repeated schedule, but I have two >> questions. >> >> >> >> - Can I somehow reduce the export query to a limited set of details about >> lines only. I don't need phone info particularly. >> >> - Is there a way to transfer the file off the UCM environment >> automatically, so that it's available to another automated process that >> will automatically consume the resulting file and use that data? Right >> now, I have to manually download the export job file. >> >> >> >> Thanks, Tim >> >> >> >> -- >> >> *Quis custodiet ipsos >> <http://cp.mcafee.com/d/1jWVIg4xEqdELTohjuod79EVdTdEEILIFzxO9EVdEEILIFzDDSjqabbXPUVVZMSyyUqejhPuZQrCO6GOIl1hdJnor6TbCOrqKMSdKndIKE9zJd7b_nVMsUCMYZRXBQSnxT8ELK6zB5dPG8FHnjlKy_OEuvkzaT0QSyrjdTWWa8VNwttYQsCXCOsVHkiPfxNyhmiTEiTw0e695po0XsG2JCWjGxbVyIBGlEaSrFeG7Q7IyVKQGmGncRAIn8lrxrW0FpKNnwqj-f0QSqehOb9I5-Aq83iTqlblbCqOmdbFEw46VRlSsHquumd47xWRoPB0yq815KAPh1cDVEw3woq8dwwq80XWmz9qsGMd43ILfgEr7fCNxQY>**opus >> reticulatum* >> >> Tim Reimers >> >> Network Administrator >> >> I.T Services >> >> City of Asheville >> >> [email protected] >> >> (desk) 828-259-5512 <(828)%20259-5512> >> >> (cell) 828-552-1585 <(828)%20552-1585> >> >> Please do NOT use the contact information above for unsolicited sales >> contacts. >> >> All unsolicited sales calls > /dev/null >> >> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-voip mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >> <http://cp.mcafee.com/d/5fHCMUgdELTohjuod79EVdTdEEILIFzxO9EVdEEILIFzDDSjqabbXPUVVZMSyyUqejhPuZQrCO6GOIl1hdJnor6TbCOrqKMSdKndIKE9zJd7b_nVMsUCMYZRXBQSnxT8ELK6zB5dPG8FHnjlKy_OEuvkzaT0QSCrjdTWWa8VNwttYQsCXCOsVHkiP5CX5u1FfUY3s4RtxxYGjB1SKmBiRiVCIBztFkJkKpH9oKgGT2TQ1iPtyL0QDYu1FIQszAmjobZ8Qg6BKQGmGncRAIqnjh08dPGHIVmQYYIq8f3RGNDa14Qg2bt9Cy2pfPh070MQgr10Qg1TQJ6iQVlwq87puuxgSevdP01KNxc> >> >> >> >> Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the >> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information >> that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under >> applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient >> or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the >> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, >> distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If >> you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender >> immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or >> hard copy. Thank you _______________________________________________ >> cisco-voip mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >> > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
