For what I'm doing, which is helping myself be more efficient, I just hard code creds in my scripts. If you were going to make an app for other people to use, and therefore distribute your app, I would have the user login to the app themselves and not store any creds in it.
On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 9:41 PM Lelio Fulgenzi <[email protected]> wrote: > Agreed. Amazing. This might actually give me what I need to start thinking > about programming some scripts. > > Silly question though. > > Passwords. Do you store these in your scripts? Do you pass them via an > argument read from a file? How do you ensure this password is not > "revealed" to those who shouldn't see it? > > > > Sent from my iPhone > > On Aug 31, 2017, at 5:13 PM, Brian Meade <[email protected]> wrote: > > Yea, great job putting all that info together Anthony! > > On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 4:40 PM, Stephen Welsh < > [email protected]> wrote: > >> 👏👏👏 >> >> Wow, that’s the best advice I’ve every seen on getting to grips with >> CUCM’s database. >> >> Kind Regards >> >> Stephen Welsh >> CTO >> UnifiedFX >> >> Sent from my iPad >> >> On 31 Aug 2017, at 21:37, Anthony Holloway < >> [email protected]> wrote: >> >> For the record, the API part is not necessary, you can just run your SQL >> queries on the CLI. However, using the AXL API method to run the SQL query >> for you, allows you to do so programmatically. >> >> As for the database, here are a few key points: >> >> - Anything that registers is a Device and is in the device table. >> >> - Anything that is a pattern is in the numplan table >> >> - End Users are in the enduser table, while Application Users are in >> the applicationuser table >> >> - The database is a relational database, meaning that data from one >> table will have a relationship to data in another table >> >> - Some tables are joined by holding a GUID in their PKID column, >> which other tables refer to with a column name in their own table, named >> "fk" + tablename E.g., device.fkenduser = enduser.pkid >> >> - Some tables are joined by holding an enum (number) in their enum >> column, which other tables refer to with a column name in their own table, >> named "tk" + tablename E.g., device.tkmodel = typemodel.enum (slightly >> different that fk) >> >> - Some data objects are mapped together to form a new object in a >> third table named: tablename1 + tablename2 + "map" E.g., devicenumplanmap >> holds line appearances for phones and DNs >> >> - To find a list of table names: select tabname from systables order >> by tabname >> >> - To find a list of columns in a table: select colname from >> syscolumns where tabid = (select tabid from systables where tabname = >> 'numplan') order by colname >> >> - Sometimes when I don't know what the name of something is in the >> database, I just access the resource in the web admin, and then look at >> logs >> This tip is courtesy of Wes Sisk: >> http://cisco-voip.markmail.org/thread/vtoasdkgieadmou3 >> >> - Other times I just look at the HTML on the web page to find out the >> name of the field, which is usually the name of the column (99% of the >> time) >> >> <image.png> >> >> >> On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:08 PM Ben Amick <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>> Do you have a quick reference sheet of the field names? I’d like to do >>> something similar to this but also including the RNA timer/destination, >>> user associations, external number mask, and the recording setting for each >>> line. >>> >>> >>> >>> Really, I’d like to do a run against all my translations, phones, CTI >>> route points, etc to just automagically generate all my documentation, but >>> I have not nearly enough knowledge about hot to use the API or the database >>> structure in general. You wouldn’t happen to have a crash course on all >>> that, would you? >>> >>> >>> >>> *From:* cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] *On >>> Behalf Of *Brian Meade >>> *Sent:* Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:28 PM >>> *To:* Tim Reimers <[email protected]> >>> *Cc:* cisco-voip <[email protected]> >>> *Subject:* Re: [cisco-voip] Automatically exporting just the DN and >>> Description fields >>> >>> >>> >>> Use the AXL API and the following SQL query to automate this: >>> >>> >>> >>> select dnorpattern,description from numplan where tkpatternusage='2' >>> >>> >>> >>> You can put "run sql" before the query to run via SSH to CUCM. >>> >>> >>> >>> On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Tim Reimers <[email protected]> >>> wrote: >>> >>> Hi all- >>> >>> >>> >>> In CUCM 9.12 >>> >>> I'm trying to figure out how to export just a few of the fields from the >>> UCM database. >>> >>> What we're after is simply the DN number, and the contents of the >>> Description field associated with that DN >>> >>> >>> >>> I've done a Phone export, and the resulting CSV is so huge it's unusable >>> in Google Sheets. >>> >>> I know I can set up an Export as a repeated schedule, but I have two >>> questions. >>> >>> >>> >>> - Can I somehow reduce the export query to a limited set of details >>> about lines only. I don't need phone info particularly. >>> >>> - Is there a way to transfer the file off the UCM environment >>> automatically, so that it's available to another automated process that >>> will automatically consume the resulting file and use that data? Right >>> now, I have to manually download the export job file. >>> >>> >>> >>> Thanks, Tim >>> >>> >>> >>> -- >>> >>> *Quis custodiet ipsos >>> <http://cp.mcafee.com/d/1jWVIg4xEqdELTohjuod79EVdTdEEILIFzxO9EVdEEILIFzDDSjqabbXPUVVZMSyyUqejhPuZQrCO6GOIl1hdJnor6TbCOrqKMSdKndIKE9zJd7b_nVMsUCMYZRXBQSnxT8ELK6zB5dPG8FHnjlKy_OEuvkzaT0QSyrjdTWWa8VNwttYQsCXCOsVHkiPfxNyhmiTEiTw0e695po0XsG2JCWjGxbVyIBGlEaSrFeG7Q7IyVKQGmGncRAIn8lrxrW0FpKNnwqj-f0QSqehOb9I5-Aq83iTqlblbCqOmdbFEw46VRlSsHquumd47xWRoPB0yq815KAPh1cDVEw3woq8dwwq80XWmz9qsGMd43ILfgEr7fCNxQY>**opus >>> reticulatum* >>> >>> Tim Reimers >>> >>> Network Administrator >>> >>> I.T Services >>> >>> City of Asheville >>> >>> [email protected] >>> >>> (desk) 828-259-5512 <(828)%20259-5512> >>> >>> (cell) 828-552-1585 <(828)%20552-1585> >>> >>> Please do NOT use the contact information above for unsolicited sales >>> contacts. >>> >>> All unsolicited sales calls > /dev/null >>> >>> >>> _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-voip mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >>> <http://cp.mcafee.com/d/5fHCMUgdELTohjuod79EVdTdEEILIFzxO9EVdEEILIFzDDSjqabbXPUVVZMSyyUqejhPuZQrCO6GOIl1hdJnor6TbCOrqKMSdKndIKE9zJd7b_nVMsUCMYZRXBQSnxT8ELK6zB5dPG8FHnjlKy_OEuvkzaT0QSCrjdTWWa8VNwttYQsCXCOsVHkiP5CX5u1FfUY3s4RtxxYGjB1SKmBiRiVCIBztFkJkKpH9oKgGT2TQ1iPtyL0QDYu1FIQszAmjobZ8Qg6BKQGmGncRAIqnjh08dPGHIVmQYYIq8f3RGNDa14Qg2bt9Cy2pfPh070MQgr10Qg1TQJ6iQVlwq87puuxgSevdP01KNxc> >>> >>> >>> >>> Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the >>> individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information >>> that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under >>> applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient >>> or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the >>> intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, >>> distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If >>> you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender >>> immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or >>> hard copy. Thank you _______________________________________________ >>> cisco-voip mailing list >>> [email protected] >>> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >>> >> _______________________________________________ >> cisco-voip mailing list >> [email protected] >> https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >> >> > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip > > _______________________________________________ > cisco-voip mailing list > [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip >
_______________________________________________ cisco-voip mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
