If you really want to dive into the UCM database you can find the data 
dictionaries in the AXL section of 
developer.cisco.com<http://developer.cisco.com>.

-Ryan

On Aug 31, 2017, at 5:53 PM, Anthony Holloway 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

Thanks!  I wrote that off the top of my head too.  I know there's like 50 more 
things to know, but if you master those basics, you can figure out the rest 
with very little additional effort.

I've spent a lot of time in the tables on CUCM, a fair but careful amount in 
CUC<https://twitter.com/avholloway45633/status/781873225097629698>, very little 
in UCCX (mostly callcontactdetail), and none at all for other products.

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 3:40 PM Stephen Welsh 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
👏👏👏

Wow, that’s the best advice I’ve every seen on getting to grips with CUCM’s 
database.

Kind Regards

Stephen Welsh
CTO
UnifiedFX

Sent from my iPad

On 31 Aug 2017, at 21:37, Anthony Holloway 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

For the record, the API part is not necessary, you can just run your SQL 
queries on the CLI.  However, using the AXL API method to run the SQL query for 
you, allows you to do so programmatically.

As for the database, here are a few key points:

  *   Anything that registers is a Device and is in the device table.

  *   Anything that is a pattern is in the numplan table

  *   End Users are in the enduser table, while Application Users are in the 
applicationuser table

  *   The database is a relational database, meaning that data from one table 
will have a relationship to data in another table

  *   Some tables are joined by holding a GUID in their PKID column, which 
other tables refer to with a column name in their own table, named "fk" + 
tablename E.g., device.fkenduser = enduser.pkid

  *   Some tables are joined by holding an enum (number) in their enum column, 
which other tables refer to with a column name in their own table, named "tk" + 
tablename E.g., device.tkmodel = typemodel.enum (slightly different that fk)

  *   Some data objects are mapped together to form a new object in a third 
table named: tablename1 + tablename2 + "map"  E.g., devicenumplanmap holds line 
appearances for phones and DNs

  *   To find a list of table names: select tabname from systables order by 
tabname

  *   To find a list of columns in a table: select colname from syscolumns 
where tabid = (select tabid from systables where tabname = 'numplan') order by 
colname

  *   Sometimes when I don't know what the name of something is in the 
database, I just access the resource in the web admin, and then look at logs
This tip is courtesy of Wes Sisk: 
http://cisco-voip.markmail.org/thread/vtoasdkgieadmou3


  *   Other times I just look at the HTML on the web page to find out the name 
of the field, which is usually the name of the column (99% of the time)


  *   <image.png>

On Thu, Aug 31, 2017 at 2:08 PM Ben Amick 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Do you have a quick reference sheet of the field names? I’d like to do 
something similar to this but also including the RNA timer/destination, user 
associations, external number mask, and the recording setting for each line.

Really, I’d like to do a run against all my translations, phones, CTI route 
points, etc to just automagically generate all my documentation, but I have not 
nearly enough knowledge about hot to use the API or the database structure in 
general. You wouldn’t happen to have a crash course on all that, would you?

From: cisco-voip 
[mailto:[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>]
 On Behalf Of Brian Meade
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 5:28 PM
To: Tim Reimers <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Cc: cisco-voip <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: [cisco-voip] Automatically exporting just the DN and Description 
fields

Use the AXL API and the following SQL query to automate this:

select dnorpattern,description from numplan where tkpatternusage='2'

You can put "run sql" before the query to run via SSH to CUCM.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 4:45 PM, Tim Reimers 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
Hi all-

In CUCM 9.12
I'm trying to figure out how to export just a few of the fields from the UCM 
database.
What we're after is simply the DN number, and the contents of the Description 
field associated with that DN

I've done a Phone export, and the resulting CSV is so huge it's unusable in 
Google Sheets.
I know I can set up an Export as a repeated schedule, but I have two questions.

- Can I somehow reduce the export query to a limited set of details about lines 
only. I don't need phone info particularly.
- Is there a way to transfer the file off the UCM environment automatically, so 
that it's available to another automated process that will  automatically 
consume the resulting file and use that data? Right now, I have to manually 
download the export job file.

Thanks, Tim

--

Quis custodiet ipsos 
<http://cp.mcafee.com/d/1jWVIg4xEqdELTohjuod79EVdTdEEILIFzxO9EVdEEILIFzDDSjqabbXPUVVZMSyyUqejhPuZQrCO6GOIl1hdJnor6TbCOrqKMSdKndIKE9zJd7b_nVMsUCMYZRXBQSnxT8ELK6zB5dPG8FHnjlKy_OEuvkzaT0QSyrjdTWWa8VNwttYQsCXCOsVHkiPfxNyhmiTEiTw0e695po0XsG2JCWjGxbVyIBGlEaSrFeG7Q7IyVKQGmGncRAIn8lrxrW0FpKNnwqj-f0QSqehOb9I5-Aq83iTqlblbCqOmdbFEw46VRlSsHquumd47xWRoPB0yq815KAPh1cDVEw3woq8dwwq80XWmz9qsGMd43ILfgEr7fCNxQY>
 opus reticulatum

Tim Reimers

Network Administrator

I.T Services

City of Asheville

[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>

(desk) 828-259-5512<tel:(828)%20259-5512>

(cell)   828-552-1585<tel:(828)%20552-1585>

Please do NOT use the contact information above for unsolicited sales contacts.

All unsolicited sales calls > /dev/null

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip<http://cp.mcafee.com/d/5fHCMUgdELTohjuod79EVdTdEEILIFzxO9EVdEEILIFzDDSjqabbXPUVVZMSyyUqejhPuZQrCO6GOIl1hdJnor6TbCOrqKMSdKndIKE9zJd7b_nVMsUCMYZRXBQSnxT8ELK6zB5dPG8FHnjlKy_OEuvkzaT0QSCrjdTWWa8VNwttYQsCXCOsVHkiP5CX5u1FfUY3s4RtxxYGjB1SKmBiRiVCIBztFkJkKpH9oKgGT2TQ1iPtyL0QDYu1FIQszAmjobZ8Qg6BKQGmGncRAIqnjh08dPGHIVmQYYIq8f3RGNDa14Qg2bt9Cy2pfPh070MQgr10Qg1TQJ6iQVlwq87puuxgSevdP01KNxc>


Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual 
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is 
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If 
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or 
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are 
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this 
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication 
in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its 
entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you 
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to