We have a CenturyLink IQ SIP trunk as well, and an efax system set up to our 
CUCM over SIP trunk, and then CUCM handles the signaling to the gateway.

I didn’t set it up originally so I don’t know what pains we had with it, but we 
do have a slightly altered version of the below line in our gateway config 
under both voip service voip and the some of the inbound and outbound dial 
peers:
“fax protocol t38 version 0 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback 
pass-through g711ulaw”

It works well enough, but we do have some periodic but common fax issues still. 
But I think that’s more of a carrier issue than our side, and we pump out way 
more faxes in a day than most companies.

Ben Amick
Unified Communications Analyst

From: cisco-voip [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
'Jonatan Quezada'
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 2:50 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [cisco-voip] Cube configuration for CenturyLink Sip Trunk

Hola Cisco Ninjas,

We cut over to a CenturyLink IQ private SIP trunk, and we are seeing that 
FAXing is not functional like before. Part of the reason we feel is that the 
ATA and the fax devices location are the older ones, they are ATA186, I have 
tried

The provider says they do passthrough, but we can only receive. We developed a 
workaround with a seperate routeList, and Group to use the T1's we migrated 
from.

Has anyone successfully configured Fax with centuryLinkSip Trunk?

The TAC team mentioned that I should use this command  in the dial peers

fax protocol t38 nse ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback pass-through 
g711u’.


before I mess with my dial peers I want to see if there are field tested 
methods that have been successful.

What is the difference between configuring FAX globally on the voice service 
VoIP area of the configuration vs the dial peer side. I already have the above 
command configured globally. and fax is still receive only. I cant send out 
over the trunk.  thoughts concerns? ideas greatly appreciated



Johnny Q
Voice Technology Analyst - TelNet
Chemeketa Community College
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Building 22 Room 131
Work 5033995294
Mobile 9712182110
SIP 5035406686


Confidentiality Note: This message is intended for use only by the individual 
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is 
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If 
the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or 
agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are 
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this 
communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication 
in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its 
entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. Thank you
_______________________________________________
cisco-voip mailing list
[email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip

Reply via email to