Quoting Dennis Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Rajanikanth P said:
Thanks Julio Canto. Thats what i have to do.

Hello D J Fan

I know that it takes 4 - 5 hrs for an AV company to get the sample
analyse it and create a signature for it then alert all its
subscribers...and then publish the updates..I know this..but what i
was trying to tell this group was atleast after the signatures are
published i should be getting it within 10 mins ...or else it is of no
use to me...as many viruses would have passed through my server

After it taking hours to receive virus sample, inspect, generate signature,
test, and finally distribute, if you dont then receive the signature within the
next 10 minutes its now useless to you? If you absolutely must have the
signature right now, why not generate it yourself?

Moreover i wont be using freshclam as i will be writing my own program
to monitor all the servers for new updates ( so for every 10 mins it
can check 5 different locations..right ? Is this a good idea ?

So you want virus protection, instant new outbreak detection, your own personal
"freshclam" that hits multiple servers every 10 minutes AND you want it all for
free. I see.

Imagine how quickly we could destroy this fine free service if we all did
what you suggest. It sounds to me like you want more than you are paying
for.

Indeed.

Jim

------------------------------------------------------- SF.Net email is sponsored by Shop4tech.com-Lowest price on Blank Media 100pk Sonic DVD-R 4x for only $29 -100pk Sonic DVD+R for only $33 Save 50% off Retail on Ink & Toner - Free Shipping and Free Gift. http://www.shop4tech.com/z/Inkjet_Cartridges/9_108_r285 _______________________________________________ Clamav-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/clamav-users