On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 08:38:26AM -0400, David F. Skoll wrote:
> > I am absolutely certain that, once there's a market for it,
> > non-windows viruses will appear.
>
> There *is* already a huge market for a Linux virus.  The market is different
> from the Windows market.  In the Windows world, the motivation of virus
> writers
> is to subvert PCs to build botnets.  In the Linux world, the motivation
> is publicity -- could you imagine the coup of creating an effective Linux
> virus?

Why go through all the trouble of creating a linux virus, when there
are tons of readily exploitable php out there? These exploited unix
servers aren't sending out viruses just because the spammer/botherder
has better use for them at this moment, not because it's impossible.

--
Jan-Pieter Cornet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
!! Disclamer: The addressee of this email is not the intended recipient. !!