On Fri, 8 Aug 2008, Charles Gregory wrote:
> Well, first of all, yes it IS. It's *everyone's* problem. That forged
> address could be on *your* server, and *you* get the backscatter from some
> other victim system that also "doesn't care what the ISP does with it"...

what he said: we have two accounts/addresses that get, between them,
about 200,000 bounces a day; this has been going on for something more
than 8 months.

(that said, there's something to be said for bouncing mail: one of our
vendors is occasionally silently blocking my email to them. clearly
SOMETHING about my messages are triggering their spam filters. it sure
would be nice if i got the bounces for those....)

rp