Christopher X. Candreva wrote:

 > No, according to certain people on this list, you are a cretin, and
incompetent to even handle the off switch of a computer. If you check the list archives - particular for threads "(no subject)" and "Those EOL tweets" you'll
 see that you are far from alone.

Well hell, if we're going to degenerate to this level, I don't think you're
a cretin, I think you're a commie freeloader who thinks the world owes you a
living.

Let's at least get the name-calling right.

Homer: In case you missed it, that was sarcasam.
Marge: Well, DUH.

Sarcasm or not, I think you are far off the mark - but in any case, I'm sure cretin was used as one description, as was incompetent. As for commie freeloader - I don't think you could be much further from the truth, but that's my opinion and you're welcome to yours. And I don't believe I have at any point asked for anything other than to not have my system remotely borked. I haven't demanded that people keep providing updates to my AV sigs, or that they do anything for me - other than not borking my system.

The ClamAV team released the project under an open licence which allows anyone to use it in any way they wish. They then later take it upon themselves to impose by force* a 'solution'. If they'd stopped providing sig updates then I'd not be complaining, but that isn't what they did.

I believe my comments neatly summed up the attitudes of a group of people - my opinion.

* I know, they aregue that they did no such thing, and that they were 'invited' by the act of me running freshclam. That's the sort of thing a criminal uses to justify their actions - you know, "yes I did steal their telly, but they should have upgraded their locks like I pretended I'd told them to and then I wouldn't have done it".

--
Simon Hobson