Back to the original issue.

I still say having firewalls from higher security zones to lower ones, does not
make sense. Security is only valid when it is INBOUND. Outbound security is no
security at all, just a pain for your users.

Any sysadmin who thinks they are able to fathom all the user will do, or worse,
think that all the user does is screw up, really is no sysadmin at all. There
just a hack with a big ego. Machines like people are users too. To hamper a
high security server, not to gain access to the outside on some port
(especially for updates), is hampering that server, not improving security,
without its updates it actually less secure, then having a single binary based
port open to the some less secure facility.

I can not imagine (and I think this is the point of the chain) a situation in
which a servers would not have OUTBOUND access on 443 (ESTABLISHED INBOUND),
which is functioning as a anti virus. After all, how do you update your client
boxes, even a deployment server has to be able to pull updates?

I'm fascinated, because I can not imagine how this is all setup, which would
cause such a unique situation.