From: clamav-users [mailto:clamav-users-boun...@lists.clamav.net] On Behalf Of
Chuck Swiger
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:02 PM
To: ClamAV users ML
Subject: Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV documentation help needed

On Aug 10, 2017, at 10:52 AM, sysad...@chemcut.net <sysad...@chemcut.net>
wrote:
> If it isn't a current issue, how do you search them?

The majority of people use a search engine like Google.

However, the list archives are available to be downloaded as mbox format,
which can be imported into a MUA of your choice, or fed into Lucene, OpenGrok,
Apple Spotlight, etc.

> For example,
> We have installed ClamAV on our Linux mail-server.
> [ ... ]
> How do I know that the user's mail is being scanned *AND* what is
> being detected?

You'd consult the logs for your MTA or whatever is calling ClamAV, perhaps
amavisd-new, postfix-milter, etc...?

Regards,
--
-Chuck