On 8/10/2017 1:52 PM, sysad...@chemcut.net wrote:
Forgive me for asking simplistic questions.

I've read the "User Manual".
I've searched the https://www.clamav.net/documents/ webpage.
I signed up for the mailing list and the first thing I did was look for an
index or Table of contents.
There must be thousands of postings going back years.

If it isn't a current issue, how do you search them?

For example,
  We have installed ClamAV on our Linux mail-server.
(The ClamScan database scan works.
We know that because the Crontab that runs "clamscan" sends me an email and
occasionally there is some malware listed.
That's nice, but 99% of the user's email passes thru and is sent out to their
devices between ClamScans.)

How do I know that the user's mail is being scanned *AND* what is being
detected?

Thanks!

Look at the headers of an email you received.  It should have added lines like:

Bill