On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 06:13 PM, Paul Kosinski wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 21:49:17 -0800 kristen R wrote:
>>
>> The file is an image. Open the image up and then scan. Does clamscan
>> open images itself and then preform a scan?
>
> YES! It scans *inside* ZIP, TAR, RAR etc.

But does etc. include .iso's? There are many encoding formats that clamav is
unable to scan inside of, including some oddball .zips I've run across.
Although .dmg image scanning was added a few years back, I've experienced mixed
results with detections unless the image is first mounted.

It's also possible that .iso's are included in the list of files to skip. Have
you looked into that?

Sorry I don't have time at the moment to check into this for you. Perhaps
later....

-Al-
--
Al Varnell