I tried the --debug option and it produced a lot of output (which I can
provide if it would help). It *did* say the following, however:

  LibClamAV debug: Module ARCHIVE: On
  LibClamAV debug:    * Submodule        RAR:   On
  LibClamAV debug:    * Submodule        ZIP:   On
  LibClamAV debug:    * Submodule       GZIP:   On
  LibClamAV debug:    * Submodule       7zip:   On
  LibClamAV debug:    * Submodule    ISO9660:   On
  LibClamAV debug:    * Submodule        DMG:   On

so it apparently knows about ISOs.

It also scanned 0 data bytes in a CD-sized ISO, so it isn't just the
problem that DVD ISOs are "too big".

Paul Kosinski