Am 21.02.2018 um 14:06 schrieb Bill S:
I think there was a patch issued over a week ago for the problem
0.99.3 has with newer versions of GCC.  Based on that I have two
questions.

1. Will version 0.99.3 ever be revised so you do not have to use the patch?

2. If the answer to question 1 is “No”, what are the pros and cons of
staying with version 0.99.2 or switching to the 0.100.0 beta?  Is
there a clear cut preference? I have not installed the beta version
but I did try compiling it and did not run into any problems

staying at 0.99.2 can't be a serious option when there are attacks in the wild for weeks now targeting the issues adressed with 0.99.3

anyways:
you post is crap because you don't point to any refereneces (url to said patch and son on) nor talking what is a "newer GCC" in your point of view and especially in the context of the problem

why not use distribution packages whci seems to can handel the issues properly:

clamav-0.99.3-4.fc26.x86_64
clamav-data-empty-0.99.3-4.fc26.noarch
clamav-filesystem-0.99.3-4.fc26.noarch
clamav-lib-0.99.3-4.fc26.x86_64
clamav-milter-0.99.3-4.fc26.x86_64
clamav-milter-systemd-0.99.3-4.fc26.noarch
clamav-scanner-0.99.3-4.fc26.noarch
clamav-scanner-systemd-0.99.3-4.fc26.noarch
clamav-server-0.99.3-4.fc26.x86_64
clamav-server-systemd-0.99.3-4.fc26.noarch