Hi there,

On Sun, 16 Oct 2022, Dorian ROSSE via clamav-users wrote:

on my microsoft windows with both edited freshclam.conf and clamd.conf
unfornately i can't update and i can't scan ...

It looks like you did not do what is required at

https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Usage/Configuration.html#windows

In one of your configuration files (freshclam.conf) you still have the
"Example" line which the documentation tells you to remove, and in the
other (clamd.conf) it seems that you have replaced it with the text
"windows clamd enabled" which I'm sure the daemon will not understand.

In the first case this means that freshclam will not download
anything, which then means that clamscan will not work.

In the second case it means that the clamd daemon will not start.

You need to remove (delete) those two lines using an editor.

As a general rule when you install software, you need to do what the
documentation tells you to do exactly.  If you still have difficulty
after you have read this message, please run the command

clamconf -n

and post the output of that command here.  (I hope this command works
the same on Windows as it does on other operating systems, although I
have never personally tried it on Windows,)

--

73,
Ged.