On Mon, 20 May 2024 06:25:53 GMT, Prasanta Sadhukhan <psadhuk...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Alexander Scherbatiy has updated the pull request incrementally with one
>> additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   Make OutputBin class sealed
>
> src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/print/attribute/standard/OutputBin.java
> line 46:
>
>> 44:  * <p>
>> 45:  * <b>IPP Compatibility:</b> This attribute is not an IPP 1.1 attribute;
>> it is
>> 46:  * an attribute in the "output-bin" attribute extension
>
> Are we also supporting "output-destination" attribute to specify printing to
> a destination as per the IPP doc
>

>> Since the destination may also
>> be electronic and have a method associated with it, also allow the uri
>> attribute syntax. Probably call this
>> other attribute “output-destination” with an attribute syntax of (1setOf uri
>> | name). Or possibly the output-
>> destination should be a parameter on the URL?

That attribute doesn't exist, does it ? You are quoting from a note in the IPP
spec which speculates about such an attribute, but that is all.

> src/java.desktop/share/classes/javax/print/attribute/standard/OutputBin.java
> line 137:
>
>> 135:             "face-up",
>> 136:             "face-down",
>> 137:             "large-capacity",
>
> Are we considering this from IPP doc for the internationalization of this
> keywords?
>
>> Normally a client will provide localization of the keywords values of this
>> attribute to the language of the
>> user,

We don't do that for any existing API attribute classes. But these instances
aren't something a "user" normally sees.
The dialog presents names to the user which map to these, and those names are
localisable as you can see elswhere in the PR.

> src/java.desktop/unix/classes/sun/print/CUPSPrinter.java line 65:
>
>> 63:     private static synchronized native String[] getMedia(String printer);
>> 64:     private static synchronized native float[] getPageSizes(String
>> printer);
>> 65:     private static synchronized native String[] getOutputBins(String
>> printer);
>
> Will it return all the output-bins or only the supported ones? Iguess it's
> the latter, then I think it's better to rename it as "getSupportedOutputBins"
> as this follows "“output-bin-supported” attribute of IPP document..

the same is true of the other calls right above. It is implicit, I don't think
we need to make the name longer.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16166#discussion_r1607152972
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16166#discussion_r1607151385
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/16166#discussion_r1607153908