On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:57 AM, Emeka <emekami...@gmail.com> wrote:

> e,
>
> What is inspiring in it?

Hmmmm .... from time to time, people use percent literacy as a measure of
public intellectual health, right?  In that case, it's sort of obvious that
literacy is a goal.   Well, I'm wondering if we need to add a 4th
fundamental to the 3 R's (Reading, Riting and 'Rithmetic) ... namely
'Rogramming.  That opens up a lot of conversation.  To summarize a paragraph
that I just erase (was getting a little silly), to me Stuart's point is the
same as to say that it is not the intent of poems (or even some good movies)
to be understood completely, all at once, and right away.  There are plenty
of other worthwhile things in that category, too ... like perhaps clojure.