On Jun 28, 2:44 pm, Daniel Gagnon <redalas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 1. you don't have to worry about PYTHONPATH for a while with a
> > standard install, although the day will come
> No, you never have to.It's taken care of by virtualenv.

Maybe it's just me but I think virtualenv is far more intimidating
than getting a basic clojure install going:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/virtualenv

If I were a python noob how would I even know it exists, nevermind
what problems it solves or what easy_install is or how I get *that*
working? Even if you don't find those to be obstacles you will sooner
or latter have to grapple with the idea that languages bundle code in
files and those files exist in directories and that an interpreter/
compiler has to be told in which directories and in what order to look
for those files.

What makes languages like Python easy to start with is that they
either come in the form of one-click executables or they're already
installed on the system with a decent set of libraries. If people had
to bootstrap their own install you'd find confusion similar to what
some clojure beginners complain of.