On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:59 AM,  <buckmeist...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This was/is one of the original selling points and philosophies of Rails - a
> monolingual system should mean less context switching, less glue code for
> things to talk to each other, fewer bugs and mistakes stemming from
> uniformity of language, and better "flow" to the programming.

Well, that's one of the selling points of any full stack framework in
any language (and, as you can probably guess, I don't buy it :)

My experience is that full stack frameworks get you quickly to a
part-way solution but the closer you get to your full solution, you
harder you have to work against the framework to make progress. A
discussion about frameworks came up on one of the XP lists a while
back and the feeling was that micro-frameworks are much better - more
agile - than full-stack frameworks, and that's something I agree with.

Anyway, I think we're a long way off topic for the OP / question now...
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies, Inc. -- http://getrailo.com/

-- Margaret Atwood