On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 20:51, Mike Meyer <
mwm-keyword-googlegroups.620...@mired.org> wrote:

> Finding good people is hard enough that wanting them to be good in
> three or four languages is enough to break the camels back. If you've
> got time to cross-train them - then you don't need

I've regularly found that the multi-disciplinarian programmer is far more
adept at solving issues in a creative manner than the "I've a skilled hammer
and I'll wield it in the direction of any nail"-mono-linguistic programmer.

Perhaps that is just an artifact of working in startups though.