> So what's the plan for the future? Are there plans to make clojure
> stable at some point so that backward compatibility can be expected?
> Otherwise I am going to have difficulty continuing to advocate clojure
> to my colleagues. In other words, when will the library ecosystem be
> considered important enough not to break?

A key benefit of the move to modular contrib libraries is to prevent having
"library ecosystem"  == "monolithic hairball".

> I think a statement of the policies of the Clojure/Core team (perhaps
> spelled out on the website) concerning stability and backward
> compatibility would really help those of us who want to be able to
> rely on Clojure.

The objective is the kind of stability seen across 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2.

I am aware of nothing on the horizon like the numerics change, but if something
important enough comes along, a decision will be made.

Stuart Halloway
Clojure/core
http://clojure.com