Tim's the one to thank: I didn't do much :)

> I did some rudimentary bench marking for large data sets and found
> deep-freeze to be 10 times faster on
> average compared to JSON serialization. That is really a huge
> performance difference.

Some final comments if performance really is a major factor for you:

1. You should compare deep-freeze with and without compression in your
real environment with real data. Compression hits writing speeds more
than reading speeds but may or may not still get you a net win
depending on your particular environment since compression decreases
the amount of data going around- especially for large payloads.

2. In my tests, redis-clojure was significantly slower than clj-redis
due to its protocol implementation. Being built on Jedis, I expect clj-
redis to maintain better performance characteristics going into the
future (particularly if you end up one day wanting bleeding-edge stuff
like clustering, etc.).

3. I hadn't heard of Kryo before this thread so I haven't tested it-
but I wouldn't be surprised if a library wrapping something like Kryo
could still significantly beat deep-freeze performance. If time
allows, I'll try look into this in future and see if deep-freeze
couldn't itself benefit from using something similar.

Cheers,

--
Peter