Hey guys,

As someone who's written Clojure for a couple of years now, I would love to
convince my new company to build our platform using Clojure from the start.
Clojure is certainly a possibility for our small team, but a few questions
will have to be answered before I can convince everyone that Clojure is
worth using:

1. Would it be harder to hire if we built our apps with Clojure? More
specifically: Hiring for people who know about or already love Clojure/FP
is certainly a nice filter for talent, but is it too stringent of a filter?
What percentage of the Clojure community wants to code Clojure
professionally but isn't right now? Do we have metrics on that?

2. What are good examples of complex domains that have been tackled with
Clojure web apps and API layers?

3. What major road blocks have teams discovered at the edges of Clojure
(keeping in mind that perhaps several of these problems could be solved
using native Java calls)?

What other tips do you have for convincing an employer that Clojure makes
good business sense? (Of course I've already told them about
domain-tailored abstractions, containing complexity, the ease of data
manipulation with a functional language, etc.)

Best,
David