You say "an employer" without saying "our employer." Without a doubt, a *team*
must be convinced of Clojure first.

Assuming your team is convinced, then my argument is this: You will attract
better, smarter people by shifting your company toward Clojure. Avoiding it is
comfortable, but ignoring it will set you back on talent. That's the strongest
argument IMO. It's not just about the benefits of using Clojure; it's the cost
of not choosing it when good developers are in short supply.

Anecdote: I attend a fair number of user groups in my area, and one thing is
for certain: I'd sign off on hiring, with rare exception, the men and women
I've met at Clojure user groups. I can't currently say the same for most other
communities I'm involved with. They're a hungry, open-minded, and talented
bunch.

Cliche: Wasting developer time is expensive, but wasting developer passion is
unforgivable.

Pragmatism: Anyway, don't ask for permission. If your team is on board with
Clojure and your team does good work in it, then skip the approval process and
get to programming. If everyone leaves the company tomorrow, your employer will
be better off hiring Clojure programmers than they will be hiring .NET
programmers. Passionate people make the world go 'round.

Cheers,
--
'(Devin Walters)