Timothy Baldridge writes:

 > That's why I think it's a good idea to ask what the goals are for native
 > Clojure. The
 > ClojureScript and Clojure-Py options while nice both don't allow for a good
 > concurrency
 > story. On top of that, I'm not sure either of those would actually run on
 > iOS.
 >
 > However, a pure, from-scratch option has a much smaller ecosystem to draw
 > from. But on
 > the upside, you're also not limited by the host VM. This means that the type
 > system
 > could be based purely on protocols instead of having to fit protocols into a
 > OOP type
 > system.

Another approach that might be worth exploring (for someone who has
lots more time than me for such a project) is hijacking the
implementation of the Julia language (http://julialang.org/). It's a
language with many Lisp inspirations, despite its non-Lisp syntax, and
it's based on LLVM with no virtual machine in between, but a run-time
system with a garbage collector. It's data model is much more similar
to Clojure's than to classic OOP, with all functions essentially being
multimethods.  A native Clojure implementation could probably re-use
much of Julia's implementation.

Konrad.