Perhaps I mis-interpreted your question.

I thought the question asked was:

GIven:
  * pure function "func"
  * some object "obj"
  * (def a (func obj))
  * (def b (func obj))

Example:
  * obj = [1 2 3]
  * (defn func [lst] (map #(* 2 %) lst))

Then:
  * is there a O(1) way to check if (= a b) ?

  In the above, we create two _different_ lists, both of which stores
[2 4 6], thus they're equal, but not identical

Proposed solution:
  tag the returned-value with a meta object, where the meta object
describes how the object was computed.

  in this case, both [2 4 6] would have _identical_ meta objects,
since they're both from the list [1 2 3]