On 20 July 2016 at 13:49, Peter Romfeld <peter.romfeld...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I really love clojure over all, it makes maintenance/collaboration of code
> such a breeze. its easy to get new employees start to work on it even
> without any previous clojure knowledge!
>
> I do hate the JVM startup shit, i hate how you it takes forever to fetch
> deps on a aws medium instance (you probably can fix it with uberjars)

To my mind, uberjars are the better way of deploying as they guarantee a
fixed binary, and you only have to build them once.

> Im frustrated with `empty?` throwing exceptions for Long and Keyword

What should happen? Asking whether an integer or keyword is "empty?"
doesn't really make sense IMO, and if it doesn't make sense, it should
throw an exception.

> I had some issues understanding that maps of certain size are not in order
> anymore because of the underlying java functions and optimizations

Maps are officially unordered. The fact that small maps are ordered is an
implementation detail (though one that I know trips up a lot of newcomers).

> the api docs are almost useless! - to get the arrity and stuff.. wtf i
> still have no clue how to use this new function i never used before...

Do you have an example of a poorly documented function? Also, do you know
about https://clojuredocs.org/?

> security features in most frameworks are just smoke and mirrors, functions
> that dont actually do what they should do...

Do you have an example?

> anyways, if i remember more i can add...
> just wanted to give you guys some input, and looking forward to make
> development experience even better!

Thanks for taking the trouble to post :)

- James