Abstractions and dynamic/static typing are orthogonal. Static/dynamic
is simply _when_ types are considered. Strong/weak typing is arguably
more relevant and is about how narrowly type information is
considered.

I can't find an actual declaration but I consider Clojure is dynamic
but strongly typed. Some dynamically typed languages tend to be more
forgiving when asking questions and will guess at what you are asking
regardless of whether they are statically or dynamically typed, so
Ruby (sort of strongly typed) and JavaScript (weakly typed) have no
problem with asking if an Integer is empty.

Wow, that reads like I am lecturing down to somebody - apologies, that
isn't my intent. Half of the problem is that like 'Functional
Programming' there isn't really an authoritative definition of
'strongly typed' or 'weakly typed' :-).