Thanks for the reply Andrey!

I guess the installation part is then something specific to the ubuntu
flavor(I am using ubuntu-mate) I am using/ what ever it could be.
(I also did try to open the file from the menu, but same story as dragging
and dropping).
Also my vs-code installation is a bit suspicious, so I will look up other
trouble shooting resources.
Thanks anyways!

Regarding the dependency part, I meant that in cider(on emacs)
I do not have to specify any of those dependencies by my self because it is
handled when I start a repl from cider.
https://github.com/clojure-emacs/cider/pull/1552 and thought it would be a
great improvement.