Hi Michael,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback, it helps a lot.
See my comments inlined.

On Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 4:32:39 AM UTC+6, Michael Ball wrote:

> - Explicit docs/instructions on how to start and connect to the repl would
> be good. I was able to get it connected but it was unclear if the repl
> should be started from within VS code, or from a terminal then only connect
> to it from VS code.

The instructions can be found in the "How to Use?" section of readme file.
Not sure I understand your point about where the repl should be started. Do
you mean you mean you expected repl will be run by VSCode on connect like
it happens in Emacs?

> - The commands in the command pallet could be prefixed with a "clj: " or
> perhaps "clojure: " or something like that. Other plugins I've used(e.g.
> elm) do this so it's easy  to know which commands are associated with the
> extension and which are part of the editor.

This is a valid point. I will do the necessary modifications soon.

> - Docstrings don't seem to work for thread first  (-> xxx)? I also noticed
> that it took some time after initial repl connect for the docstrings to
> become available, probably some indexing delay because my laptop is
> old+slow, initially they showed "Docstring not found". Also the docstring
> not found message pops up for all characters on hover of mouse over things
> such as parenthesis.

You're right about the thread first docstring. It looks like I need to
adjust the regex for finding Clojure words. Will fix it soon.

About docstrings. There shouldn't be snoticable time between pointing a
thing and getting its documentation. However, the is a subtly aspect you
should be aware of. If you have a namespace definition in the beginning of
a file you should eval the file first. Say, you have a file with the
following content:

(ns foo)

(println "Hello World")

 When you point println you won't see the docstring. The reason is the
extension sends the following message to the repl: "Give me a docstring for
the function println from foo namespace." But at the moment repl *know
nothing *about foo namespace! So you neen to eval the file. This will
result adding foo namespace to the repl and importing everything from
clojure.core namespace to it (this is a sideeffect of ns macro). I believe,
this is the common behaviour for all solutions based on cider-nrepl (I've
checked it is true for Emacs Cider and Vim Fireplace). Though I admit it's
not the most intuitive one. So I'm open to suggestions.

- I found a command to eval the entire file which worked good. Is there a
> way to send selected expressions to a repl yet?

Yes, it is! Just select code you want to send to a repl and eval it with
"Eval" command.

> - If I had one feature request it would be for inline results a-la
> LightTable. Any plans for something like that?

It's definetly a useful feature and I can add it easily. The only thing I'm
not sure about is where to show an evaluation result :) Do you have any
ideas. Maybe you've seen the similar feature in other VSCode plugins and
know how to do it right?

> Overall this is a great start, thank you very much for getting the ball
> rolling and building this extension!

Pleasure!