This release of Clonezilla live (2.5.5-38) includes major enhancements
and bug fixes.
ENHANCEMENTS and CHANGES
* The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This
release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2018/Mar/30).
* Linux kernel was updated to 4.15.11-1.
* Partclone was updated to 0.3.11-drbl3 with some libraries updated.
//NOTE// New image format is used in this release. It is different from
the one saved by Partclone 0.2.x.
* New massive deployment mechanism bittorrent was added. //NOTE//
Clonezilla has to convert the original image to the special format when
bittorrent mode is used. This will require more disk space in the image
* Switch keymap configuration method from console-data to
* Update language files de_DE, es_ES, fr_FR, hu_HU, ja_JP, it_IT,
tr_TR and sk_SK. Thanks to Michael Vinzenz, Juan Ramón Martínez,
Jean-Francois Nifenecker, Greg Hefty, Akira YOSHIYAMA, ianfranco
Gentili, Volkan Gezer and Ondrej Dzivy Balucha.
* Add channel bonding option when configuring network. Thanks to
panther_1 for requesting this. Ref:
* Make prep-ocsroot can use disk block device (e.g., /dev/sdc) as
image repository. Thanks to Riksoft for requesting this. Ref:
* Add options -pe and -pfe to ocs-sr. This allows user to enter
password in the command options although it's not safe. Thanks to ub2
_at_ gmx ch for requesting this. Ref:
* New compression lz4/lz4mt (-z8/-z8p) and zstd/pzstd (-z9/-z9p)
were added in expert mode.
* Make ocs-chnthn work for device name like /dev/nvme0n1p1. This
change should really fix the issue reported here:
* Remove "-p 16" for pigz in drbl-ocs.conf. It should let pigz to
decide that automatically.
* Package drbl-chntpw is no more used, and now we switch to use
reged from package chntpw.
* The file efiboot.img has been moved to /boot/grub/ from /EFI/image
* Add a workaround to make dnsmasq relay work for uEFI network boot
clients. i.e., we have to assign the tftp server IP address in grub
network boot loader. This is only necessary when dnsmasq is used to
relay the DHCP request from clients to existing DHCP service. Ref:
* Add boot parameter ocs_netlink_timeout so that the network link
detection timeout can be assigned for ocs-live-netcfg.
* Add an option -cbm to ocs-live-feed-img. Besides, remove boot
parameter ocs_litesrv_mode. It's better to assign that in the command
line option (-dm) when running ocs-live-feed-img, e.g.,
ocs-live-feed-img -cbm netboot -dm auto-detect -g auto -e1 auto -e2 -r
-x -j2 -sc0 -p reboot -md multicast --clients-to-wait 1
--max-time-to-wait 300 start myimg sda.
* Support using UUID and LABEL as image repository, i.e., local_dev
for image repository can be assigned as:
* Jfbterm should not exit when lite server is running. It would
terminate the required service for clients to restore image, especially
BT service in non-English environment.
* Cnvt-ocs-dev failed to convert EBR (like sda2-ebr). Thanks to
killuaDK for reporting this:
* Ocs-chnthn now supports modifying Win10 hostname. Thanks to
František Griga for reporting this issue. Ref:
* /EFI/centos/grubx64.efi should be before /EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi.
Thanks to Fritzinger, Bernd (Bernd.Fritzinger _at_ bruker com).
Steven Shiau <steven _at_ stevenshiau org>
Public Key Server PGP Key ID: 4096R/163E3FB0
Fingerprint: EB1D D5BF 6F88 820B BCF5 356C 8E94 C9CD 163E 3FB0
Check out the vibrant tech community on one of the world's most
engaging tech sites, Slashdot.org! http://sdm.link/slashdot
Clonezilla-live mailing list