From: Ben van Klinken [mailto:bvanklin...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2012 12:50 AM
To: clucene-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [CLucene-dev] Bug in SegmentMerger and IndexWriter

Hi Jiri,

What branch are you using? I just tried compiling and running that test and it
ran without any issues

ben
2012/4/12 Šplíchal Jiří <splic...@tovek.cz<mailto:splic...@tovek.cz>>
Hello,

please find attached TestIndexWriter.cpp extended with one more test that
shows two different bugs:
1) If you leave the test as it is, than it crashes on line 680 when optimizing
an index that
was previously empty (all documents were deleted) and then some documents has
been added.
We were able to fix this bug, the problem is in SegmentMerger.cpp 769 where
         reader->norms(fi->name, normBuffer.values);
is called with normBuffer.values == NULL.
To prevent this it is sufficient to initialize the normBuffer at the beginning
of the method
with length 1.

2) If you uncomment writer->optimize(); on line 660 in the test, than the
following call to
writer->close(); crashes. We have not found any solution for this issue where
we could be
sure about all consequences. But the problematic method in this case is
bool IndexWriter::flushDocStores()
which intializes a local variable files by calling:
       const std::vector<std::string>& files = docWriter->files();
but the following calls have as side effect modification of this vector in such
way
that the application crashes.

Best Regards,
Jiri