Hi,

I'm using clutter 0.6 with ohand's official debs on an nvidia config
in dual screen (TwinView), one big ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) and one smaller
resolution ([EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]). I noticed that video
textures get teared (horizontal lines such as in attached file), on
both screens when the subject in the video is in relatively high speed
motion.

I upgraded my hardware (now 9600GT), without success. On single screen
setup, no changes either.

I hoped using VSYNC would do the trick (seems to be the number one
recommendation for video tearing effects), yet when i tell clutter to
enable VSYNC, my app seems to run fine @60 fps except for the videos
that are very slowly rendered, making them unwatchable.

* Can anyone explain me why this happens ?
* Is it due to cluttergst's design, texture update rate/steps ?
* When/why use CLUTTER_VSYNC ?
* can clutter do triple buffered VSYNC ?
* dynamic TwinView is said to force VSYNC with only one head of the
graphics card. Doesn't seem to be my problem since both screens show
tearing artifacts

Any other suggestion would be more than welcome !

Kind regards,

Florent