From: Emmanuele Bassi [mailto:eba...@linux.intel.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2010 3:13 AM
To: clutter@o-hand.com
Subject: Re: [clutter] Problem migrating from 1.0.10 to 1.2.8

>On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 17:04 -0700, Kevin Cote wrote:
>
>> I have an application that I have developed over the last 6 months on
>> top of v1.0.10.  I am now trying to migrate this app to v1.2.8.  I
>> have tried running the migrated app under Ubuntu 9.0.4 and also
>> Moblin v2.  I get the same issues in both cases.  My symptoms are twofold:
>>
>> -         Text is garbled.  By this I mean that each character is
>> drawn almost like a block instead of the actual glyph.
>>
>>which GPU and driver are you using?

Moblin is running on a 1.6GHz Atom with a US15W (Poulsbo) GPU.  I am running
with the IEGD driver, v10.2.

>> -         Certain textures are not rendered (meaning I don’t see
>> them), yet the app functions as if they are there (meaning if the
>> texture is a button control the button still functions even though it
>> is invisible).
>
>again, these two seem connected (lack of mipmapping support).
>
>> I tried executing some of the test-interactive programs and have seen
>> two issues with v1.2.8.  These issues don’t exist in v1.0.10:
>>
>> 1)      With the test-texture-async I get the following output in the
>> console and see no output to the application window.
>
>this has nothing to do with the rest of the issues; you have to pass a
>file to the test otherwise it'll fail. I'll add a check that bails out
>early instead of spewing errors.

Under v1.0.10 I didn't have to pass a file.  That was my confusion.  Now when I
pass a file it works fine as you have stated.

>> 2)      With the test-texture-quality application I see the hand drawn
>> properly on the first cycle, but for all other cycles, only a few
>> pixels near the top are drawn.
>
>there you go: lack of mipmapping support on your platform.

So, what has changed since v1.0.10?  This app has worked fine on various
versions of the 1.0 branch.  It is my understanding from Intel that the driver
I am using does have mipmapping support.

Thanks,
Kevin

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential & proprietary to
Systems and
Software Enterprises, Inc. (dba IMS). This information is intended solely for
the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed. Access or transmittal of the
information
contained in this e-mail, in full or in part, to any other organization or
persons is not
authorized.