I had bilateral eye bleeds from gleevac, the hematologist stopped the drug due
to fear of potential brain bleed.

________________________________
From: Susan Zimmerman <rszim0...@aol.com>
To: cmlhope@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, November 1, 2010 7:03:48 PM
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] Re: Still on Gleevec Vacation

Dear Peg,
I can't thank you ENOUGH for giving me this information.  I actually have three
docs in writing to recommend me
going on sprycel as a better alternative to gleevec.  One is from Moffitt
Cancer
Center in Tampa, like the third best
place in the country for treating this!  Do you possibly have an article or
anyplace I could reference telling that sprycel's big risk is brain bleeds?
All
three of these docs claim that there is NO history of brain bleeds.  I KNEW
that was wrong.  Last week's new doc, (the third) here in Indiana said there
was
no evidence of brain bleeds for
gleevec or sprycel.  I KNEW he was wrong, as I had done my homework on that
long
ago....1% of people have brain bleeds.  I was one of those 1%.  I will
definitely hold off for bosatinib and please keep me abreast of its release!
My most thankful heart for your information cannot be truly expressed in words!
 I am printing this out and will do further research myself.  My new doc is 66
yrs old and has a great reputation, but I'm thinking he might or might not have
a consult.  I've had the other two docs consult several times together over the
last two years.  We moved from Florida to Indiana recently and having to start
over with a new doc again....just to monitor my counts.  At least he does the
bcr/abl, which is a more complete test.  My last doc in Orlando only did the
FISH.

I will keep the faith, and thank you again and again.
Blessings,
Susan