Hi Marcie and everyone else.

What else can I say about having to go through life having CML? Well, there
is actually a lot that I can say about having CML.

So, let me start... You have to remember having and living with CML is no
longer a "death sentence" as it once was. In 1998 when I was first
diagnosed it was.

Little did I know that one day there would be something that there would be
able to take like Gleevec or any other TKI that would be able to give me my
life back instead of having to go through a bone marrow transplant and
having to live in a very small 5 by 9 plastic bubble in a hospital for
seven months not knowing if I would live or die.

I am not even going to go through what I went through because that would be
counter productive for everyone. Even though, I suffered greatly with many
of the symptoms you describe. Even so I had the upper hand because of how I
was able to train my mind to be able to overcome just about everything that
I was going through at the time. My memory loss was so bad that while I was
trying to speak a sentence I was unable to remember the next words in that
sentence while I was talking. Talking about how frustrating that was is
very difficult to describe. And I was only 45 years old at the time

Even now, I have kidney failure but I simply choose to deal with what I
have knowing that no matter what I may be going through I just have to deal
with it and simply  try to live my life as best as I can, which is what I
try and do.

So with that said I want all of you to realize that no matter what you
might be going through your still alive and able to keep it that way until
something better comes along. What I mean is that with all of the recent
advances that have come along, being able to deal with your disease is now
your chance for living your life until something better comes along like a
cure. And there is no doubt in my mind that it will come along.

So I leave you with my two numbers that represent life.

18's

Marty